Ravens veteran tight end Ed Dickson is signing his original round restricted free agent tender today.
Dickson is a former third-round draft pick from Oregon who was assigned a $1.323 million tender.
Like fellow Ravens restricted free agent tight end Dennis Pitta and defensive lineman Arthur Jones, Dickson didn't garner contract proposals from other NFL teams prior to the league deadline to submit offer sheets.
- Full coverage: Baltimore Ravens
- Ravens 26, Pittsburgh Steelers 6 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 26-6 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers in Week 2
- Five Things We Learned from the Ravens' 26-6 win over the Steelers
- Cincinnati Bengals 23, Ravens 16 [Pictures]
- 2014 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
See more photos »
Assigned a second-round tender, Pitta drew preliminary inquiries from the San Francisco 49ers and Miami Dolphins.
Dickson started 11 games last season, catching 21 passes for 225 yards. The athletic 6-foot-4, 255-pounder provided a consistent blocking presence.
Two seasons ago, Dickson caught a career-high 54 passes for 528 yards and five touchdowns.
In three NFL seasons, Dickson has 86 career receptions for 905 yards and six touchdowns.
With the Ravens losing Anquan Boldin via a trade to the San Francisco 49ers this offseason, the Ravens could rely on their tight end tandem even more this fall.