Ravens outside linebacker Elvis Dumervil had two sacks and forced fumbles last week against Green Bay, in his most productive game since joining the Ravens during the offseason on a $35 million maximum value contract."I think we expected a lot when we got him," defensive coordinator Dean Pees said of Dumervil, who has five sacks through six games. "He’s a heck of a player. The guy has got extraordinary balance, power, and for not a real tall guy, long arms and knows how to use them. I think he plays with great leverage, has got good speed. He’s as advertised, I think.”
Dumervil ranks second on the Ravens in sacks behind outside linebacker Terrell Suggs, who has seven to rank fifth in the NFL.
Dumervil is tied for eighth in the NFL in sacks and the Ravens have 22 sacks as a team to rank second in the league behind the Kansas City Chiefs' 31 sacks.
- Baltimore Sun picks for Ravens-Steelers game
- Ravens offense trying to fix blocking breakdowns
- Like Ravens, Steelers have problems with run game, pass protection, turnovers
- Ravens mandatory minicamp [Pictures]
- 2013 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
- Ravens organized team activities 2014 [Pictures]
See more photos »
"It’s about winning and losing," Dumervil said. "We’ve got to win more than anything. That’s what is most important right now.”