With the sudden retirement of middle linebacker Rolando McClain, the Ravens are now $1.986 million under the NFL salary cap limit of $123 million.
McClain's one-year, $700,000 contract that contains no guaranteed money is off the Ravens' books now that he's been placed on the reserve-retired list and no longer on the active roster.
The Ravens will regain $2 million in salary-cap room after June 1 because of designating strong safety Bernard Pollard as a post-June 1 cut. The Ravens also saved $500,000 when they cut Pollard before he was due a $500,000 roster bonus.
- Ravens 22, Pittsburgh Steelers 20 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 22-20 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers
- Five Things We Learned from the Ravens' 22-20 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers
- 2013 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
- 2013 Ravens Insider covers
- Ray Lewis inducted into Ravens Ring of Honor [Pictures]
See more photos »
The top salary-cap figures on the roster are: outside linebacker Terrell Suggs ($13.02 million), defensive tackle Haloti Ngata ($11.5 million), offensive guard Marshal Yanda ($7.45 million), cornerback Lardarius Webb ($7.385 million), quarterback Joe Flacco ($6.8 million), running back Ray Rice ($5.75 million), offensive tackle Michael Oher ($4.95 million), fullback Vonta Leach ($4.33 million) and inside linebacker Jameel McClain ($4.2 million).