The Ravens have placed rookie wide receiver Aaron Mellette on injured reserve, citing a knee injury.
Mellette being off the active roster created a roster spot for the signing of running back and kick returner Shaun Draughn.
Mellette is a seventh-rounder from Elon who had a productive preseason and didn't miss any practices until today.
- Michael Oher doesn't rule himself out for Sunday
- Arthur Jones returns, Oher practices on Wednesday
- Ravens 22, Pittsburgh Steelers 20 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 22-20 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers
- Five Things We Learned from the Ravens' 22-20 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers
- 2013 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
See more photos »
He also didn't play in the season-opener against the Denver Broncos.
Now, the Ravens have six wide receivers on the active roster: Torrey Smith, Jacoby Jones (sprained right medial collateral ligament), Brandon Stokley, Tandon Doss, Deonte Thompson (sprained foot) and Marlon Brown.
Just days ago, Ravens coach John Harbaugh said that Mellette was a possibility to be active on gamedays.
"Yes, we could see that," Harbaugh said Monday. "We'll just have to see how it all shakes out. He's playing well. There's nothing that he's doing that wouldn't make him a possibility to be active. We only had four receivers up."