Former Towson wide receiver Gerrard Sheppard is getting another shot with the Ravens.
Cut last week when the Ravens signed former Georgia wide receiver Marlon Brown, Sheppard is being re-signed today to a one-year contract, according to a source.
Sheppard is a McDonogh graduate who caught a touchdown pass to close out the Ravens' rookie minicamp.
- Full coverage: Baltimore Ravens
- Ravens 38, Carolina Panthers 10 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 38-10 win over the Panthers in Week 4
- 2014 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
- Five Things We Learned from the Ravens' 38-10 win over the Carolina Panthers
- Ravens 23, Cleveland Browns 21 [Pictures]
See more photos »
The 6-foot-2, 211-pound player caught 52 passes for 584 yards and five touchdowns in two seasons at Towson after transferring from Connecticut.
In his lone season of football at McDonogh, Sheppard was named all-state as he caught 67 passes for 897 yards and 11 touchdowns as a senior.
He was an All-Metro basketball player at McDonogh, scoring 1,400 career points.