Baltimore Ravens offensive tackle Ramon Harewood was fined $8,000 by the NFL for an illegal block against the St. Louis Rams, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.
Harewood delivered a diving block to the right leg of St. Louis Rams first-round defensive tackle Michael Brockers as the former LSU star was running away from the Ravens' lineman in pursuit of the football. Brockers suffered a high right ankle sprain on the play that may sideline him for the first few games.
Harewood wasn't penalized for an illegal block, but has now been punished by the league office after a review of the play
- Full coverage: Baltimore Ravens
- Ravens 38, Carolina Panthers 10 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 38-10 win over the Panthers in Week 4
- 2014 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
- Five Things We Learned from the Ravens' 38-10 win over the Carolina Panthers
- Ravens 23, Cleveland Browns 21 [Pictures]
See more photos »
A 6-foot-6, 334-pound former sixth-rond draft pick from Morehouse entering his third NFL season. Harewood is expected to appeal the fine.
Brockers was helped off the field by trainers and then carted into the locker room.