Punter Sam Koch had a costly shank in the fourth quarter Sunday against the Cleveland Browns, a 25-yarder that gave the Browns the football at their 29-yard line instead of pinning them deep. They wound up driving for a field goal.
Koch averaged 42.6 yards with a 34.9 net. For the season, Koch is averaging just 44.8 yards with a 37.6 net and has had two blocked.
“Sam will be the first to tell you that he’s just got to play more consistently in games with punts, especially in critical situations,” Ravens coach John Harbaugh said. “Sam has punted really well in practice. He’s punted really well most of the time throughout the course of the season. But one or two not-so-good punts in a game, those are the things that cause you problems.”
- Full coverage: Baltimore Ravens
- Ravens 26, Pittsburgh Steelers 6 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 26-6 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers in Week 2
- Five Things We Learned from the Ravens' 26-6 win over the Steelers
- Cincinnati Bengals 23, Ravens 16 [Pictures]
- 2014 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
See more photos »