Ravens inside linebacker Dannell Ellerbe was fined $10,000 for his unnecessary roughness penalty stemming from striking a defenseless player in the head and neck area, according to the NFL.
Ellerbe indicated he has already appealed the fine.
During the third quarter of the Ravens' 25-15 victory over the Cleveland Browns, Ellerbe crashed into rookie running back Trent Richardson on a passing play and incurred a 15-yard penalty.
- Ravens 22, Pittsburgh Steelers 20 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 22-20 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers
- Five Things We Learned from the Ravens' 22-20 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers
- 2013 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
- 2013 Ravens Insider covers
- Ray Lewis inducted into Ravens Ring of Honor [Pictures]
See more photos »
The NFL punished a player for violating Rule 12, Section II, Article 7-B1 of the official rulebook.
"Yeah, they fined me," said Ellerbe, who led the Ravens with nine tackles and a sack against the Browns. "I appealed it already. I jumped the pass and when he missed it, I hit him. They need to get rid of this fine. It's B.S."