The Ravens got down to the NFL roster limit of 75 players in advance of this afternoon's league deadline, shifting injured veteran linebacker Jameel McClain and rookie defensive lineman Kapron Lewis-Moore off the active roster to reserve lists.
McClain went from the active physically unable to perform list to the reserve physically unable to perform list. He has a spinal cord contusion and will be sidelined until he has a completely clean X-ray, coach John Harbaugh has said previously.
McClain has no restrictions on his exercise regimen and remains upbeat about his recovery, with Harbaugh predicting that eventually the starting weak-side inside linebacker will ultimately be cleared medically to play.
- Haloti Ngata returns, Arthur Jones still not practicing
- Ravens' punt coverage issues rear their head again
- Michael Huff believes he has old position cornered
- Ravens preseason opener against San Francisco 49ers [Pictures]
- 2014 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
- Ravens training camp [Pictures]
See more photos »
By beginning the regular season on the reserve PUP list, McClain has to miss at least the first six games.
Lewis-Moore was shifted from the active non-football injury list to the reserve non-football injury list.
The former Notre Dame standout is expected to miss the entire season after tearing his right anterior cruciate ligament against Alabama in the BCS national title game.