17. Bengals: Luke Kuechly, ILB, Boston College. Kuechly could go as high as the fifth pick. If he falls, he might not get past his hometown Bengals.
18. Chargers: Nick Perry, DE/OLB, USC. They signed a do-it-all linebacker in Jarret Johnson, but they need someone to chase after the quarterback.
19. Bears: Whitney Mercilus, DE, Illinois. The Bears, who could use a defensive end, surely noticed the crazy stats this kid put up down the road.
20. Titans: Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama. After losing Cortland Finnegan in free agency, the Titans can select a young replacement in Kirkpatrick.
21. Bengals: Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama. Some scouts think he is the draft’s top cover corner, and the Bengals aren’t afraid of baggage.
22. Browns: Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor. With the ability to make plays after the catch, the speedy Wright would be a good fit in their offense.
23. Lions: Mike Adams, OT, Ohio State. I’m guessing they will draft the best prospect among cornerbacks and offensive tackles on their board.
24. Steelers: Cordy Glenn, OG/T, Georgia. They need reinforcements at right tackle and both guard spots. Glenn can fill one of those spots now.
25. Broncos: Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis. Denver is said to be interested in a defensive lineman here. Poe has been compared to Haloti Ngata.
26. Texans: Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech. He is a raw prospect, but they can ease him into the offense thanks to Andre Johnson’s presence.
27. Patriots: Courtney Upshaw, DE/OLB, Alabama. Bill Belichick is fond of SEC players, and Upshaw would give him the pass rusher they lack.
28. Packers: Shea McClellin, OLB, Boise State. Upshaw would be a great fit in Green Bay, too, but if not, McClellin is an intriguing fallback plan.
29. Ravens: Dont’a Hightower, LB, Alabama. My gut tells me they are hoping one of the Alabama guys -- Barron, Upshaw or Hightower -- falls to them. If not, Konz or Hill could be the pick if they don’t trade out of Round 1. In Hightower, they might find that elusive successor to Lewis.
30. 49ers: Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford. The 49ers can pair Fleener with Vernon Davis to give them one of the league’s top tight end tandems.
31. Patriots: Harrison Smith, S, Notre Dame. History says they will trade one of their first-rounders, but their secondary could use a little attention.
32. Giants: Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford. If Martin plummets, they may stop his fall. Their creaky offensive line could use some young legs.