On Sunday afternoon, Ravens long snapper Morgan Cox will return to Cleveland Browns Stadium, where he suffered a season-ending knee injury in the team’s Week 16 win over the Browns a year ago. It’s something he has thought about this week, though he said the ugly memories will not change his mindset on game day.
“It’s not a real big deal,” Cox said after Friday’s practice. “I’ve had a year in me since then, and it’s stood the test, so we’ll see how it goes on that field. We played at Pittsburgh, which is a similar field, so I think we’ll be fine.”
Cox acknowledged that at times early in the season, the fear of injury popped into his head, thoughts like “I’ve got to protect my knee.” But because he has snapped many times in games since, he believes he is over it mentally.
“It’s just another game to me,” Cox said before he and a reporter knocked on his wooden locker stall to be safe.
Morgan Cox returns to the scene of his ACL tear
- Full coverage: Baltimore Ravens
- Ravens 38, Carolina Panthers 10 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 38-10 win over the Panthers in Week 4
- 2014 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
- Five Things We Learned from the Ravens' 38-10 win over the Carolina Panthers
- Ravens 23, Cleveland Browns 21 [Pictures]
See more photos »
We've upgraded our reader commenting system. Learn more about the new features.