"I will stand behind him and I think I understood what he was saying but sometimes you shrug your shoulders and you just have to laugh and say ‘alright, let’s go prove it then,'" Harbaugh told sports talk station 105.7 The Fan in Baltimore. "If that’s how we feel about it, then let’s go prove it. Let’s make them acknowledge that. I think that’s what Joe is saying so I’m going to work as hard as I can so that a year or two or three from now the rest of the world can actually say ‘you know what maybe he was right, maybe he is the best quarterback out there.’”
- Flacco's 'boast' made into more than it was
- Flacco: I'm the best QB in NFL; People: Hahahahahhahaaha
- Ravens haven't heard from HBO about 'Hard Knocks'
- Ravens 38, Carolina Panthers 10 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 38-10 win over the Panthers in Week 4
- 2014 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
See more photos »
Harbaugh thinks the quotes were taken out of context, though he said Flacco’s confidence is something that he appreciates.
"We know what he was saying but then they parse it and take the part and say ‘Joe Flacco thinks he’s the best quarterback in football,'" he said. "Joe Flacco is working to be the best quarterback in football and in his mind he’s capable of being that. That’s what he is saying … You have to love Joe, you have to love his mindset, his attitude. He’s a fierce competitor, I’ve always said that and he’s our quarterback and I love the guy."
[Hat tip to Sports Radio Interviews for doing the dirty work.]