Ravens' fifth-round pick Asa Jackson at a glance
Cornerback was recruited as track star out of college but opted for football
The Ravens picked cornerback and return man Asa Jackson from Cal Poly in the fifth round of the 2012 NFL draft (169th overall). (Cal Poly athletics / April 28, 2012)
- Kelechi Osemele at a glance
- Draft pick Bernard Pierce at a glance
- Ravens' fourth-round pick Gino Gradkowski at a glance
- Ravens 26, Pittsburgh Steelers 6 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 26-6 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers in Week 2
- Five Things We Learned from the Ravens' 26-6 win over the Steelers
See more photos »
Cornerback, Cal Poly
Ht./Wt.: 5 feet 10, 190 pounds
Born: Dec. 2, 1989, in Sacramento, Calif.
High School: Christian Brothers (Sacramento)
College highlights: Impressed scouts at the combine by running a 4.4-second 40-yard dash and bench pressing 225 pounds 19 times. ... Four-time All-Great West Conference pick … Jackson had 54 tackles, two interceptions, seven breakups and nine deflections last fall for Cal Poly and was named a Sports Network All-American. He also averaged 25.1 yards on kickoff returns and 14.7 yards on punt returns. … Was the Great West Conference Freshman Player of the Year after starting all 11 games and finishing fourth on the team with 42 tackles.
Personal: Son of Dr. Harold Jackson and Dr. Karen Webster. … Brother Ade plays at Penn. … Recruited as a sprinter out of high school by Georgetown and Notre Dame.