The pending return of Indianapolis Colts coach Chuck Pagano to work next week as he continues to bravely battle leukemia has triggered an emotional reaction at the Ravens' training complex.
After undergoing three rounds of chemotherapy, Pagano is slated to resume coaching duties as the Colts continue to fight for a spot in the NFL playoffs.
The Ravens have been rooting for their former defensive coordinator all season long while he has fought serious health problems. Pagano has exchanged text messages with several players and coaches, and outside linebacker Terrell Suggs has sported a "Chuck Strong" T-shirt in the locker room.
- Full coverage: Baltimore Ravens
- Ravens 26, Pittsburgh Steelers 6 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 26-6 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers in Week 2
- Five Things We Learned from the Ravens' 26-6 win over the Steelers
- Cincinnati Bengals 23, Ravens 16 [Pictures]
- 2014 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
See more photos »
“Yes, it’s great," Ravens coach John Harbaugh said. "I haven’t had the chance to talk to Chuck [Pagano] at all. I did see on TV that clip running over and over again, the one that we all saw of him in the press box. It was great to see it.
"I know he’s probably pretty fired up to get back and go to work. It’s a great thing. Congratulations to Chuck and [wife] Tina and their whole family. There’s no bigger fight to win than the one Chuck just won.”