The Ravens have released former Ole Miss basketball player Murphy Holloway and four other players.
Holloway was signed by the Ravens for his athleticism, but was hampered by his limited football experience. The last time he had played football was as a sophomore in high school.
Holloway wrote on his Twitter account that he was going to resume his basketball career.
- Ravens 22, Pittsburgh Steelers 20 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 22-20 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers
- Five Things We Learned from the Ravens' 22-20 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers
- 2013 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
- 2013 Ravens Insider covers
- Ray Lewis inducted into Ravens Ring of Honor [Pictures]
See more photos »
"Back to the hardwood couldn't be a blocking TE," Holloway wrote. "Loved the experience in the NFL."
The Ravens also cut three undrafted rookies signed after the NFL draft: former Florida International cornerback Jose Cheeseborough, former Louisiana Tech running back Ray Holley and former Southeast Louisiana quarterback Nathan Stanley.
They also cut defensive tackle Swanson Miller, who was signed to the Ravens' offseason roster earlier this year after a previous stint with the New Orleans Saints.