The Ravens continued to tinker with their secondary today as they placed rookie safety Christian Thompson on injured reserve and elevated safety Anthony Levine to their 53-man roster.
Levine had been on the Ravens' practice squad. Levine, 25, spent the majority of the 2010-11 seasons on the practice squad of the Green Bay Packers and has yet to play in an NFL game.
Thompson, a fourth-round pick, appeared on special teams in seven games this season. He was put on injured reserve with a knee injury.
- Ravens 22, Pittsburgh Steelers 20 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 22-20 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers
- Five Things We Learned from the Ravens' 22-20 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers
- 2013 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
- 2013 Ravens Insider covers
- Ray Lewis inducted into Ravens Ring of Honor [Pictures]
See more photos »
Already without starting cornerback Lardarius Webb because of a season-ending left knee injury, the Ravens will be without Jimmy Smith for several weeks after the second-year corner underwent surgery on a sports hernia on Thursday.
The Ravens signed veteran cornerback Chris Johnson earlier this week.