Veteran tight end Dallas Clark is still absorbing the Ravens' playbook and didn't have a sterling debut Thursday night during a 34-27 preseason loss to the Carolina Panthers.
Clark started and was targeted twice for no receptions in his first game for the Ravens since signing a one-year, $1.005 million contract. Although Clark didn't appear to be in sync yet with quarterback Joe Flacco, they have had solid timing in practice sessions.
"I think he had the one seam route that was a little high and would have been a tough grab," Ravens coach John Harbaugh said. "I would have loved to have seen him get a chance, but sometimes the coverage just doesn't allow that."
Meanwhile, former Morgan State tight end Visanthe Shiancoe caught two passes for 21 yards with one reception going for 14 yards.
- Ravens get surprise visit from comedian Tracy Morgan and cancel practice
- Matt Elam didn't do much to earn his first unnecessary roughness penalty
- Full coverage: Baltimore Ravens
- Ravens 26, Pittsburgh Steelers 6 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 26-6 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers in Week 2
- Five Things We Learned from the Ravens' 26-6 win over the Steelers
See more photos »
"Shiancoe had a nice grab, he played well,"Harbaugh said. "He had the third-down grab, he got upfield. What's interesting, he hasn't been known as a blocking tight end per se, but he has blocked really well. I think he has really fought in there as a blocker."