The Ravens’ prospects of sweeping the Pittsburgh Steelers got a little brighter with the return of defensive tackle Haloti Ngata to practice on Friday.
The two-time Pro Bowl selection had sat out the past two days with what the team described as a thigh injury. Ngata, who has missed four starts in his six-year career, leads the team in recovered fumbles with three and has made 28 tackles and three sacks.
Wide receiver Lee Evans (left ankle) and inside linebacker Dannell Ellerbe (hamstring) were absent for the third consecutive day.
Six players who were limited Thursday – left guard Ben Grubbs (strained ligaments in right toe), center Matt Birk (neck), wide receiver/kick returner David Reed (knee), cornerbacks Danny Gorrer (thigh) and Chykie Brown (knee) and rookie running back Anthony Allen (thigh) – were present and active.
Ngata returns to practice Friday
Pro Bowl defensive tackle had missed two previous days with thigh injury
- Ravens 22, Pittsburgh Steelers 20 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 22-20 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers
- Five Things We Learned from the Ravens' 22-20 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers
- 2013 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
- 2013 Ravens Insider covers
- Ray Lewis inducted into Ravens Ring of Honor [Pictures]
See more photos »