Every year ESPN zeros in on one player who was expected to go in the first round and doesn't.
It really is unnecessary.
Last night, we had to endure the countless camera shots of a disappointed Geno Smith, West Virginia's star quarterback. We had to watch him doodle on his cell phone or some other electronic device as team after team picked someone else in the first round.
- Full coverage: Baltimore Ravens
- Ravens 23, Cleveland Browns 21 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 23-21 win over the Browns in Week 3
- 2014 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
- Five Things We Learned from the Ravens' 23-21 win over the Cleveland Browns
- Ravens 26, Pittsburgh Steelers 6 [Pictures]
See more photos »
I understand ESPN is trying to capture the emotion, but these are 21- and 22-year-old kids. They have waited for this moment all of their lives, but sometimes enough is enough.
I really didn't need to see the kid walking off the stage with his head bowed before the Ravens made the final pick in the first round.