NEW ORLEANS -- Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco isn't only the Super Bowl Most Valuable Player. He's about to become a father for the second time.
Flacco disclosed Monday morning that his wife, Dana, is expecting their second child. They were both on hand for the Super Bowl Most Valuable Player news conference, where he was presented with the keys to a 2014 Corvette Stingray.
Flacco said they learned of the news just two weeks ago.
- VIDEO Ravens' Flacco on winning the MVP award
- Pictures: Joe Flacco's wedding photos
- Flacco jokes that he'll pound his fist on Steve Bisciotti's desk to demand new deal
- Ravens beat 49ers, 34-31, to win Super Bowl [Pictures]
- Ravens 18, Detroit Lions 16 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 18-16 win over the Detroit Lions
See more photos »
"We're excited," said Flacco, whose wife was sitting next to him and NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.
The high school sweethearts had a son on June 13 named Stephen Vincent Flacco, who was born at eight pounds.
The Flaccos told their family about the first pregnancy at Thanksgiving 2011 -- when the team also played the San Francisco 49ers.
"It's a good luck thing," Joe Flacco said.