It's no secret in NFL circles that Ravens free safety Ed Reed is a big fan of New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick, getting to know him at the Pro Bowl.
As far as Belichick is concerned, it's a mutual admiration with the former NFL Defensive Player of the Year.
Reed is an nine-time Pro Bowl selection with 61 career interceptions, returning seven for touchdowns.
- Ravens 22, Pittsburgh Steelers 20 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 22-20 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers
- Five Things We Learned from the Ravens' 22-20 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers
- 2013 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
- 2013 Ravens Insider covers
- Ray Lewis inducted into Ravens Ring of Honor [Pictures]
See more photos »
Reed is the all-time leader for interception return yards with 1,541, ranking ahead of Hall of Fame safety Rod Woodson. And he ranks 10th on the all-time interceptions list, one behind Dick LeBeau and Dave Brown and two behind Ronnie Lott and Darren Sharper.
"Ed Reed’s career? It’s everything. His production," said Belichick, when asked about Reed's legacy today by New England reporters. "He's had fabulous production at whatever he’s done, including blocking kicks and returning kicks and things like that.
"His interceptions, his interception return yardages, his instinctiveness and his play-making ability, how consistent he's been over time. He just does things that nobody else at that position does or I don’t know if they’ve ever done it. He’s special. He's really special."