Former Towson wide receiver Gerrard Sheppard was claimed off waivers today by the Green Bay Packers, one day after being cut by the Ravens, according to a source.
Sheppard, a McDonogh graduate who spent last season on the Ravens' practice squad, was released Tuesday when the team signed cornerback Marrio Norman.
Sheppard, 6 feet 2, 211 pounds, caught 52 passes for 584 yards and five touchdowns in two seasons at Towson after transferring from Connecticut.
- Ravens add to their cornerback depth by signing Marrio Norman
- Full coverage: Baltimore Ravens
- Ravens 26, Pittsburgh Steelers 6 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 26-6 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers in Week 2
- Five Things We Learned from the Ravens' 26-6 win over the Steelers
- Cincinnati Bengals 23, Ravens 16 [Pictures]
See more photos »
In his lone season of football at McDonogh, Sheppard was named all-state as he caught 67 passes for 897 yards and 11 touchdowns as a senior. He was an All-Metro basketball player at McDonogh, scoring 1,400 career points.