Twenty four picks after the Rams selected speedy wide receiver and Baltimore native Tavon Austin in the first round of April’s draft, the Ravens grabbed Florida safety Matt Elam with the 32nd and final selection of the first round.
The two first-round picks collided early last night and the result was Elam jarring the ball loose from the former Dunbar standout after he made a 14-yard reception. Rookie cornerback Marc Anthony scooped up the ball, setting up Bobby Rainey’s 1-yard touchdown run and a 7-0 Ravens’ lead.
Austin somewhat made up for the turnover on the Rams’ next drive, making two third-down catches to prolong a scoring drive.
Fellow first rounders Matt Elam and Tavon Austin meet
- Full coverage: Baltimore Ravens
- Ravens 26, Pittsburgh Steelers 6 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 26-6 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers in Week 2
- Five Things We Learned from the Ravens' 26-6 win over the Steelers
- Cincinnati Bengals 23, Ravens 16 [Pictures]
- 2014 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
See more photos »
We've upgraded our reader commenting system. Learn more about the new features.