The Super Bowl champion Ravens are perusing the wide receivers in the NFL draft.
That includes displaying considerable interest in big Elon wide receiver Aaron Mellette, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.
Mellette is a 6-foot-3, 217-pounder who played in the Senior Bowl and has private workouts with the Indianapolis Colts, Carolina Panthers and the Seattle Seahawks.
- Will Jimmy Smith step up for the Ravens in 2013?
- Ravens DB coach confident in secondary, upbeat about Webb
- Ravens' 2013 offseason additions
- Ravens 26, Pittsburgh Steelers 6 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 26-6 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers in Week 2
- Five Things We Learned from the Ravens' 26-6 win over the Steelers
See more photos »
Mellette ran the 40-yard dash in 4.45 seconds at the NFL scouting combine, bench pressing 225 pounds nine times with a 33 1/2 inch vertical leap, a 10-3 broad jump, a 4.41 20-yard shuttle and a 7.11 three-cone drill.
Mellette caught 97 passes for 1,398 yards and 18 touchdowns as a senior.
He finished his career with 304 catches for 4,254 yards and 44 touchdowns.
Mellette didn't play football until he was a sophomore in high school, mostly playing basketball growing up in Sanford, N.C.
Besides the Senior Bowl, Mellette has also played well against big-school competition in games.
He caught 11 passes for 180 yards and a touchdown against Vanderbilt.