The Ravens had eight players not participating in the early portion of today's practice and all were expected absences.
Those eight players are wide receiver David Reed (knee), tight ends Ed Dickson (shoulder) and Dennis Pitta (broken hand), offensive tackle Jah Reid (calf), linebackers Josh Bynes (back) and Terrell Suggs (Achilles), defensive end Pernell McPhee (personal matter) and defensive tackle Ryan McBean (ankle).
Coach John Harbaugh said yesterday that McPhee is away from the team to deal with a death in his family. It's unclear when he'll return to the team, or if he'll play in Thursday's preseason game against the Jacksonville Jaguars.
- Ravens' Cary Williams rolling the dice with contract status
- 2012 Ravens training camp
- Ed Dickson, Dennis Pitta on the mend
- Ravens 29, Minnesota Vikings 26 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 29-26 win over the Minnesota Vikings
- Five Things We Learned from the Ravens' 29-26 win over the Vikings
See more photos »
McBean is expected to miss the entire season after having ankle surgery. Suggs and Reed aren't expected to be ready for the start of the season. Dickson and Pitta are aiming for the Ravens' Sept. 10 season opener against the Cincinnati Bengals.
Also, linebacker Sergio Kindle remains in a non-contact jersey after suffering a shoulder stinger against the Detroit Lions on Friday. Safety Sean Considine wore a non-contact jersey yesterday but he's full go in today's practice.