Ravens tight end Ed Dickson is hopeful he's on the verge of returning to the lineup.
Sidelined for the Ravens' 23-20 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers with a sprained and bruised right knee suffered against the San Diego Chargers a week ago, Dickson says he's getting better quickly.
Tight end Dennis Pitta started in place of Dickson, catching one pass for 19 yards.
- VIDEO Ravens on failing to execute in Steelers loss
- Full coverage: Baltimore Ravens
- Ravens 26, Pittsburgh Steelers 6 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 26-6 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers in Week 2
- Five Things We Learned from the Ravens' 26-6 win over the Steelers
- Cincinnati Bengals 23, Ravens 16 [Pictures]
See more photos »
"We did all we can this week and it didn't feel right," Dickson said. "We did the right thing and rested it. If you saw the play I got hurt, I could have been done and needed surgery. I'm blessed it's not serious. I'm trying to get healthy. We've got a playoff run. I definitely hope to come back this week. In my mind, I'm playing. I'm going to prepare as such and see how it goes."