The Ravens hosted Mississippi State defensive lineman DeWayne Cherrington for an official visit, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.
Cherrington provides a massive interior presence at 6-foot-3, 345 pounds.
He bench pressed 225 pounds 36 times at his campus Pro Day workout where he ran the 40-yard dash in 5.5 seconds.
- Full coverage: Baltimore Ravens
- Ravens 26, Pittsburgh Steelers 6 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 26-6 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers in Week 2
- Five Things We Learned from the Ravens' 26-6 win over the Steelers
- Cincinnati Bengals 23, Ravens 16 [Pictures]
- 2014 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
See more photos »
Cherrington had 24 tackles, one for a loss last season.
A native of Gwinnett, Ga., who transferred from Holmes Community College in Mississippi, Cherrington is known for occupying blockers to allow linebackers to get to the football.
As a junior, he had 12 tackles, 2 1/2 for losses.
The Ravens have had success with Mississippi State defensive linemen in the past, drafting defensive end Pernell McPhee from the Starkville, Miss., Southeastern Conference school.