Former New York Giants defensive tackle Chris Canty is visiting the Ravens today, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.
Canty has previously visited the Kansas City Chiefs, Green Bay Packers and Tennessee Titans.
Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome has identified the middle of the defensive line as an area he wants to upgrade.
- Ravens 22, Pittsburgh Steelers 20 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 22-20 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers
- Five Things We Learned from the Ravens' 22-20 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers
- 2013 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
- 2013 Ravens Insider covers
- Ray Lewis inducted into Ravens Ring of Honor [Pictures]
See more photos »
Canty, 30, was cut by the Giants on Feb. 6. He was signed to a six-year, $42 million contract in 2009.
For his career, the former Virginia standout and Dallas Cowboys fourth-round draft pick has 272 tackles and 19 sacks.
Canty has good size and long arms at 6 feet 7, 317 pounds.