Ravens linebackers coach Ted Monachino has been linked to the Philadelphia Eagles' defensive coordinator vacancy.
According to a team official, the Eagles haven't asked for permission yet to interview Monachino. Under NFL rules, the assistant coach can't be interviewed until after the Super Bowl.
- Ravens 22, Pittsburgh Steelers 20 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 22-20 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers
- Five Things We Learned from the Ravens' 22-20 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers
- 2013 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
- 2013 Ravens Insider covers
- Ray Lewis inducted into Ravens Ring of Honor [Pictures]
See more photos »
There are other candidates, including Cleveland Browns linebackers coach Billy Davis and San Francisco 49ers secondary coach Ed Donatell. Davis has already interviewed for the job.
If Monachino does get an opportunity, Ravens defensive coordinator Dean Pees expressed confidence that he's ready to run a defense.
"Absolutely, his attention to detail, he's extremely serious," Pees said of Monachino, who coached Ravens outside linebacker Terrell Suggs at Arizona State and since joining the Ravens' staff. "He knows the scheme from front to back and knows a lot of the game, not just his position. He knows the entire front and how the coverage's coordinate with the front. Tremendous coach."