But Reed didn't wear the same jersey Thursday or Friday. After Friday’s practice, the receiver explained why.
- 3 questions with Ravens safety James Ihedigbo
- Ravens' Chykie Brown fined $15,000 for unnecessary roughness
- Bernard Pierce, Asa Jackson not at practice during early portion
- Ravens vs. Cleveland Browns [Pictures]
- 2014 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
- Ravens 26, Pittsburgh Steelers 6 [Pictures]
See more photos »
In addition to showing some solidarity with a former teammate, Reed said he was wearing No. 83 to help the defense prepare for the Patriots’ No. 83.
“I was being Wes Welker for the scout team,” Reed said. “That’s why I wore 83. But like I said, they gave me a hard time about it, so I haven’t worn it anymore.”
Reed was deactivated for the team’s 38-35 double-overtime win against Denver in last Saturday’s AFC Divisional round due to lingering issues with his hamstring, but he declared himself ready to return for Sunday’s contest.
“I rested it, got a lot of treatment on it,” he said. “It’s definitely better. So I’ll be out there.”