But Reed didn't wear the same jersey Thursday or Friday. After Friday’s practice, the receiver explained why.
- 3 questions with Ravens safety James Ihedigbo
- Ravens' Chykie Brown fined $15,000 for unnecessary roughness
- Patriots' Wilfork is one big problem for Ravens
- Ravens 29, Minnesota Vikings 26 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 29-26 win over the Minnesota Vikings
- Five Things We Learned from the Ravens' 29-26 win over the Vikings
See more photos »
In addition to showing some solidarity with a former teammate, Reed said he was wearing No. 83 to help the defense prepare for the Patriots’ No. 83.
“I was being Wes Welker for the scout team,” Reed said. “That’s why I wore 83. But like I said, they gave me a hard time about it, so I haven’t worn it anymore.”
Reed was deactivated for the team’s 38-35 double-overtime win against Denver in last Saturday’s AFC Divisional round due to lingering issues with his hamstring, but he declared himself ready to return for Sunday’s contest.
“I rested it, got a lot of treatment on it,” he said. “It’s definitely better. So I’ll be out there.”