Billy Cundiff had missed four of his previous seven field-goal attempts from at least 40 yards, a stretch complicated by a left calf injury he had tried to endure.
But the kicker connected on field goals of 48 and 44 yards in the Ravens’ 20-13 win against the Houston Texans in Sunday’s AFC divisional round, injecting his teammates with some much-needed confidence and a lead.
“The field goals were big,” coach John Harbaugh said Monday. “They were tough kicks, [in] windy conditions, and they weren’t that short either. Billy came up big. He did a nice job for us. Points, obviously, were a premium, so that was good.”
Cundiff provided lift vs. Texans
Kicker made field goals of 48 and 44 yards Sunday
- Full coverage: Baltimore Ravens
- Ravens 38, Carolina Panthers 10 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 38-10 win over the Panthers in Week 4
- 2014 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
- Five Things We Learned from the Ravens' 38-10 win over the Carolina Panthers
- Ravens 23, Cleveland Browns 21 [Pictures]
See more photos »
We've upgraded our reader commenting system. Learn more about the new features.
The Baltimore Sun encourages civil dialogue related to our stories; you must register and log-in to our site in order to participate. We reserve the right to remove any user and to delete comments that violate our Terms of Service. By commenting, you agree to these terms. Please flag inappropriate comments.