Billy Cundiff had missed four of his previous seven field-goal attempts from at least 40 yards, a stretch complicated by a left calf injury he had tried to endure.
But the kicker connected on field goals of 48 and 44 yards in the Ravens’ 20-13 win against the Houston Texans in Sunday’s AFC divisional round, injecting his teammates with some much-needed confidence and a lead.
“The field goals were big,” coach John Harbaugh said Monday. “They were tough kicks, [in] windy conditions, and they weren’t that short either. Billy came up big. He did a nice job for us. Points, obviously, were a premium, so that was good.”
Cundiff provided lift vs. Texans
Kicker made field goals of 48 and 44 yards Sunday
- Ravens 22, Pittsburgh Steelers 20 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 22-20 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers
- Five Things We Learned from the Ravens' 22-20 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers
- 2013 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
- 2013 Ravens Insider covers
- Ray Lewis inducted into Ravens Ring of Honor [Pictures]
See more photos »