The absence of inside linebacker Dannell Ellerbe and tight end Ed Dickson from Wednesday’s practice isn’t shocking. But cornerback Corey Graham was also not present during the portion of practice open to the media.
Graham was not reported to have suffered an injury in the aftermath of the Ravens’ 16-13 overtime win against the San Diego Chargers this past Sunday. His absence might not be serious, but if Graham is unavailable, the defense may have to turn to either Chris Johnson or Chykie Brown to start against the Pittsburgh Steelers this Sunday.
Ellerbe injured his right ankle, while Dickson is dealing with a sprained right knee. Coach John Harbaugh had already said before practice that Ellerbe would be held out of Wednesday’s session.
- Ravens 22, Pittsburgh Steelers 20 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 22-20 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers
- Five Things We Learned from the Ravens' 22-20 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers
- 2013 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
- 2013 Ravens Insider covers
- Ray Lewis inducted into Ravens Ring of Honor [Pictures]
See more photos »
“He will not practice today, and we’ll just take it by ear tomorrow,” Harbaugh said. “We’ll see if he can go. I think he’ll be day-by-day.”
Speaking of Johnson, he was spotted at practice. Johnson had missed the game against the Chargers after injuring his hamstring in a 13-10 win against the Steelers on Nov. 18.
Defensive end Pernell McPhee (right knee/thigh) also took part in Wednesday’s session. He has sat out the last four contests.