Former Ravens safety Ed Reed's three-year, $15 million contract with the Houston Texans includes a $2 million signing bonus, according to a league source with knowledge of the deal.
The deal includes $6 million in guaranteed money.
The former NFL Defensive Player of the Year's $1 million base salary in 2013 is fully guaranteed for skill, injury and cap.
- Ed Reed [Pictures]
- Full coverage: Baltimore Ravens
- Ravens 26, Pittsburgh Steelers 6 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 26-6 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers in Week 2
- Five Things We Learned from the Ravens' 26-6 win over the Steelers
- Cincinnati Bengals 23, Ravens 16 [Pictures]
See more photos »
Reed also got a $1 million roster bonus this year. There's a $2 million guaranteed base salary advance in the first year of the deal.
In 2013, he has a $3.333 million salary-cap figure.
In 2014, he has a $4 million nonguaranteed base salary and a salary-cap figure of $5.33 million.
In 2015, he has a $5 million nonguaranteed base salary and a salary-cap figure of $6.33 million.