In the span of about four weeks, Ravens kicker Billy Cundiff had gone from incumbent to former employee.
On Sunday night, the eight-year veteran reacted via email to the organization’s decision to terminate his contract earlier in the day.
Here is the text:
- Ravens 22, Pittsburgh Steelers 20 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 22-20 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers
- Five Things We Learned from the Ravens' 22-20 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers
- 2013 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
- 2013 Ravens Insider covers
- Ray Lewis inducted into Ravens Ring of Honor [Pictures]
See more photos »
“I’m disappointed in the decision, but I’m excited about what lies ahead.
On a professional level, I had my best training camp to date and feel that I am kicking with more power and confidence than 2010. I was looking forward to helping the Ravens in their pursuit of a Super Bowl. However, now I will take that same drive and focus to my next team.
On a personal level, my family and I will miss Baltimore. The people of Baltimore made playing for the Ravens a truly memorable experience. We got to enjoy the Charm City for three years and are better for it.
I’m thinking about the future now and I’m going to put all my energy into preparing for what lies ahead.”