Ravens strong safety Bernard Pollard left the game to undergo X-rays, returning to the sideline afterward without his shoulder pads.
Pollard appeared to injure his chest area during a sack of Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick.
UPDATE: Pollard has a rib contusion and said he expects to play next week against the New England Patriots, but added: "Right now, I'm hurting."
- Full coverage: Baltimore Ravens
- Ravens 38, Carolina Panthers 10 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 38-10 win over the Panthers in Week 4
- 2014 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
- Five Things We Learned from the Ravens' 38-10 win over the Carolina Panthers
- Ravens 23, Cleveland Browns 21 [Pictures]
See more photos »
Pollard executed a diving interception of a Vick pass earlier in the game.
Pollard emerged last season as one of the Ravens' top defensive players because of his hard-hitting style and improved pass coverage.
Former New England Patriots starter James Ihedigbo replaced Pollard in the lineup.
Pollard returned to the sideline in shoulder pads. However, Ihedigbo remained in the game on defense.