Veteran offensive tackle Bryant McKinnie was contacted immediately by the Chicago Bears at the start of free agency, according to his agent, Michael George.
However, that job opportunity quickly closed when the Bears agreed to a five-year, $35.965 million contract with former New Orleans Saints and Towson University offensive tackle Jermon Bushrod. That deal included $17.715 million in guaranteed money.
McKinnie's stated preference is to remain with the Ravens, but there's been no movement toward that happening at this time. Unless it makes sense for both sides financially, they could part ways.
- Full coverage: Baltimore Ravens
- Ravens 26, Pittsburgh Steelers 6 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 26-6 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers in Week 2
- Five Things We Learned from the Ravens' 26-6 win over the Steelers
- Cincinnati Bengals 23, Ravens 16 [Pictures]
- 2014 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
See more photos »
And he's competing with a crowded class of offensive tackles that includes Miami Dolphins free agent Jake Long, who's being recruited by the St. Louis Rams.
"We'll be engaged in discussions for the next several days with different teams," George told The Baltimore Sun. "Nothing concrete yet, but some good discussions. We'll see what happens."