Pollard, the Ravens' starting strong safety the past two seasons and one of the vocal leaders of the defense, broke the news on his Twitter account, writing, "Well Raven Nation it's been fun. My time in Baltimore is done... Thank you!"
- ESPN officially announces hiring of Ray Lewis as NFL analyst
- Breaking down contracts for Paul Kruger, Dannell Ellerbe
- Dannell Ellerbe agrees to $35M deal with Dolphins, source says
- Ravens who have moved to the broadcast booth [Pictures]
- 12 things we miss about Ray Lewis [Pictures]
- Ravens 26, Pittsburgh Steelers 6 [Pictures]
See more photos »
A key free-agent pickup from the Houston Texans in 2011, Pollard led the Super Bowl champions this past season with 98 tackles to go along with two sacks, one interception and six passes defended despite missing three games and playing much of the season with cracked ribs.
With Ed Reed also a free agent, the Ravens could be without both of their starting safeties next season. Their defense has already lost inside linebackers Ray Lewis (retired) and Dannell Ellerbe (signed with the Miami Dolphins) and outside linebacker Paul Kruger, who led the team in sacks last year before signing with the Cleveland Browns on Tuesday.