Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome isn't interested in looking for a quarterback any time soon. As far as he is concerned, Joe Flacco is the Ravens quarterback now and in the future.
"Well, Joe and I have a good understanding of where his contract is," said Newsome during Tuesday's Super Bowl media day. "People fail to realize that he was a dropped pass away from getting to the Super Bowl last year. So, what he did was just back up to what he did a year ago. He's doing a great job. He has great chemistry with Jim Caldwell. Hopefully, as long as I'm the general manager in Baltimore, he's the quarterback in Baltimore."
- Full coverage: Baltimore Ravens
- Ravens 26, Pittsburgh Steelers 6 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 26-6 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers in Week 2
- Five Things We Learned from the Ravens' 26-6 win over the Steelers
- Cincinnati Bengals 23, Ravens 16 [Pictures]
- 2014 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
See more photos »
Flacco is in the last year of his rookie contract, and said he has not worried about his contract the entire season.
"I put that behind me once the offseason was over," Flacco said. "Even in the offseason when we were talking about things like that, it was all good stuff and it wasn't really anything I was that concerned about. So I've been able to go out there and play and not worry about stuff like that."