9. Will the SEC put two teams into this season's BCS title game?
Possibly, so long as Verne Lundquist and Gary Danielson are still employed by CBS.
10. Best guess on this year's Heisman race?
11. Which teams will play in the major bowls?
BCS: Alabama vs. Stanford. (Tide and trees; sounds like a landscape painting.)
Rose: Oregon vs. Ohio State. (Eugene billing it "Revenge for Terrelle Pryor!")
Fiesta: Texas vs. Boise State. (If Boise wins, could Chris Petersen replace Mack Brown?)
Sugar: Georgia vs. Louisville. (Louisville yawns at prospect of beating another SEC team in New Orleans.)
Orange: Clemson vs. Northwestern. (Last team with the ball wins.)
12. When is that announcement coming on the NCAA vs. Miami?
What's the hurry, Miami's season doesn't start until … Friday! It's been 10 weeks since the Committee on Infractions heard Miami's case, and the school has already self-imposed two years of bowl bans as it braced for the worst. Coach Al Golden would rather talk about bird feeders than this hovering cloud. My thought is the NCAA is still trying to see if it can somehow tie USC to the case.
13. Who will be the most exciting first-year starter this year?
My cookies are on "Famous Jameis" Winston, Florida State's new quarterback.
14. What's the best name in college football?
There's no name funnier than Alabama cornerback Ha Ha Clinton-Dix.
15. Can Notre Dame get back to the BCS title game if quarterback Tommy Rees cuts down on his turnovers?
Yes, and Chris Christie could win Mr. Universe if he cuts down on his meat dishes.
16. What is this year's "sleeper" team?
The Miami Hurricanes — unless the NCAA puts them to sleep.