*Starlin Castro's attention span.
* Ian Stewart finding a stroke.
Alfonso Soriano finding a taker.
* Intelligent baserunning.
* Actual defense.
* Bryan LaHair proving right Epstein’s idea of a unearthing an undervalued player in his prime window.
* Anthony Rizzo being ready in case Epstein’s wrong.
* Jeff Samardzija proving wrong the idea that he would be a great No. 2 target for Jay Cutler.
* Carlos Marmol’s velocity and movement.
* A lot of reasons to use Carlo Marmol’s velocity and movement.
* Next year.
It's time to root, root, root for ...
We've upgraded our reader commenting system. Learn more about the new features.
The Baltimore Sun encourages civil dialogue related to our stories; you must register and log-in to our site in order to participate. We reserve the right to remove any user and to delete comments that violate our Terms of Service. By commenting, you agree to these terms. Please flag inappropriate comments.