Birk has fine rescinded
- Full coverage: Baltimore Ravens
- Ravens 23, Cleveland Browns 21 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 23-21 win over the Browns in Week 3
- 2014 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
- Five Things We Learned from the Ravens' 23-21 win over the Cleveland Browns
- Ravens 26, Pittsburgh Steelers 6 [Pictures]
See more photos »
1 Winning Dr, Owings Mills, MD 21117, USA
Under the new collective bargaining agreement, centers or guards are required to wear microphones on their pads to enhance the sound for the game broadcast. Birk took his off because it was scratching his neck.
"I'm obviously happy about it," said Birk when asked about the fine getting rescinded. "It's a new thing and there was a little hiccup there with wearing it. I better understand what I'm supposed to do for now on if it doesn't fit right. I'm obviously grateful that they decided not to fine me."
Birk joked that the money saved has already been spent by his wife and kids.
"It's like free money," Birk said. "It's like finding 20 bucks in your jeans after you wash them."
With linebacker Prescott Burgess going on season-ending injured reserve Tuesday with a torn abdominal muscle, the Ravens re-signed linebacker Edgar Jones.
Jones played four seasons with the Ravens, appearing in 31 games between 2007 and 2010. He was released during training camp by the Washington Redskins. He'll provide linebacker depth and help out on special teams.
email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org