If Flacco gets injured, the Ravens can't win with the 6-foot-1 Taylor throwing from the pocket. It's better to get him the repetitions in the offense where he is the most comfortable and effective.
Suggs' new role?
Pro Bowl outside linebacker Terrell Suggs apparently has become a part-time assistant coach. He was up and down the sideline Thursday night, coaching and talking to his teammates.
- Bio | E-mail | Recent columns
- Ravens training camp 2013 [Pictures]
- Ravens observations from Thursday night's win over Tampa Bay
- What they're saying about the Ravens' preseason win
- Preseason Game 1: Ravens at Tampa Bay
- Ravens 29, Minnesota Vikings 26 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 29-26 win over the Minnesota Vikings
See more photos »
I don't know who has been more animated this preseason — Flacco or Suggs.
I do have one question, though.
It appeared that Suggs went out on the field to tell Lee that was a no-no. Why didn't he ever do that to Reed?
Cody working hard
There were times Thursday night when defensive tackle Terrence Cody got penetration and interrupted plays.
He had two tackles, and maybe this is a sign of things to come. Williams, though, finished with four tackles.
Another young player who stood out was second-year outside linebacker Adrian Hamilton, who had a sack and a tackle for loss. He is still adjusting to the Ravens' scheme, but the Ravens might have to make it simple for him.
Just line him up on the outside, point him in the direction of the quarterback and tell him to go fetch.