Harbaugh took notes while listening to sage advice from Pro Football Hall of Fame coach John Madden, who hosts a daily segment on KCBS 740-AM.
Madden coached the Raiders to their first Super Bowl championship, a 32-14 victory over the Minnesota Vikings in Super Bowl XI in January 1977. Harbaugh will try matching that feat Feb. 3 when his 49ers face the Baltimore Ravens in New Orleans.
- Normally outspoken, Terrell Suggs quiet as Super Bowl nears
- Modell deserves to go into Hall of Fame during Ravens' Super week
- Ravens 29, Minnesota Vikings 26 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 29-26 win over the Minnesota Vikings
- Five Things We Learned from the Ravens' 29-26 win over the Vikings
- 2013 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
See more photos »
"What advice can you give me as first-time coach going to the Super Bowl?" Harbaugh asked.
"You're a heck of a lot better coach than I ever was," Madden answered.Click here for more of this story from the Mercury News.