NEW ORLEANS -- When the Super Bowl shows up here, stuff happens. It might have something to do with the vibe.
How many cities do you know where at noontime on a weekday, someone is paid to stand outside a bar in the middle of the street and hold up a large advertising sign that says: "HUGE ... BEERS"?
How many cities do you know where another person is holding up another sign outside another establishment: "WASH THE GIRL OF YOUR CHOICE"?
- Super Bowl showdowns: Can Bryant McKinnie and the Ravens handle 49ers pass rusher Aldon Smith?
- Ravens clean out their lockers [Pictures]
- 2013 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens for the 2013 season
- 2013 Ravens Insider covers
- An early look at the Ravens' 2014 opponents
See more photos »
I can only think of one. It's the city where I saw both of those things Monday.
The 49ers arrived here Sunday night. The team has no curfew until Tuesday. Many of the players also went out to see what they could see.
"Bourbon Street, the whole street ... dude, that's crazy," said offensive tackle Alex Boone.