Last night in New York, WWE.com won a 2012 OMMA Award (Online Marketing, Media and Advertising) for Web Excellence in the TV Entertainment category. The award, presented by a panel of industry experts, recognizes the re-launch of WWE.com and the improvement of its content.
The OMMA Awards for Online Advertising Creativity were created in 2006 to honor those advertisers that push the potential of online advertising creative.
- Ring Posts: Pro wrestling news
- WWE Raw at Baltimore Arena [Pictures]
- Pictures: WWE Divas perform
- TNA Impact wrestling at Ripken Stadium in Aberdeen [Pictures]
- WWE Old School Raw at Baltimore Arena [Pictures]
- WWE's greatest villains: Ric Flair, CM Punk, 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper and more
See more photos »
This year OMMA Awards winners were announced in a total of 25 categories for Online Advertising Creativity, 17 for Integrated Online Campaigns and 23 for Web Site Excellence.
Other winners Oct. 1 included HBO’s True Blood series (Social: Use of Fan Page), Nickelodeon (Viral Campaign for “Korra Nation”) and Turner Entertainment Networks (Online Advertising Creativity: Team Coco Tablet App).
According to alexa.com, WWE.com is the 682nd most-popular website in the United States, and ranked 1,539 worldwide. On Oct. 1, visitors spent an average of seven minutes on WWE.com, clicking on an average of 7.7 pages.