Once WWE's video game licensing deal with Take Two was officially announced, and that WWE would be part of the "2K" series, announcements started to roll in.
The first one was monumental: The Ultimate Warrior would be a playable character in the October release of the game. Warrior's relationship with WWE has been rocky, but this is certainly a huge step forward, including some pleasant exchanges between Warrior and Vince McMahon over Twitter. Warrior comes as a pre-order bonus.
Next, a "Phenom" Edition of the game has been revealed, per 2K's official WWE website, which will include:
- Exclusive tin coffin box;
- Exclusive collectible art card personally hand-signed by Undertaker;
- Exclusive Undertaker “American Badass” playable character;
- Exclusive Undertaker-themed controller skin;
- WWE Undertaker – The Streak: Disc #1 (on Blu-Ray/DVD);
- Access to WWE 2K14 global pre-order offer: Ultimate Warrior playable character;
- Copy of WWE 2K14 video game.
Notable in the list above is an autograph from the Deadman, which is one of the more rare autographs to obtain among (semi) active current WWE roster members.
More surprise characters might be on the horizon, including Goldberg, who sent out this conversation-starting tweet.
One more former superstar (now announcer) who confirmed his inclusion is John Bradshaw Layfield, who confirmed a playable character of him in WWE 2K14 while high atop Mount Blanc in Switzerland.
An official roster reveal will take place as part of WWE's SummerSlam Axxess festivities leading up to this year's Summerslam. I will be on location in Los Angeles covering all the action.
Follow Arda on Twitter @arda_ocalCopyright © 2015, The Baltimore Sun