•No more pregame hype: After an hour from WOFL-Ch. 35, Fox wasted another hour answering the question: "Whatever happened to Eddie George?" Please Lord, let thy game begin.
- Bio | E-mail | Recent columns
- Florida Gators win 2nd National Championship in 3 seasons
- Pictures: Florida Gators vs. South Carolina
- Pictures: Florida Gators vs. Vanderbilt Commodores
- Pictures: Florida Gators vs. Georgia Bulldogs
- Pictures: 2013 Florida Gators fans, band and cheerleaders
- Pictures: Missouri Tigers 36, Florida Gators 17
See more photos »
•Strangest shot: A smiling Bill Belichick in a VIP box.
•Count to four, Thom: Play-by-play guy Thom Brennaman had the "down count" incorrect throughout the Gators' second-quarter goal-line stand. And analyst Charles Davis got duped into yelling, "Go-go-go," before third down.
•Most unpleasant shot: Looked as if Gators freshman RB Chris Rainey had his right knee wrecked and was in terrible pain on the sidelines before leaving on a cart in the second quarter. Turned out to be his ankle and apparently not as bad as it appeared.
•About the bands: With all the technology available, why can't a network give us sharp sound from a marching band?
•What a thrill: Halftime interview with a FedEx executive. That made the night.
• "Under construction?" That was the message I got throughout the game when trying to look at the multiple camera angles supposedly available at Foxsports.com.
• "Percy takes the snap." Davis humorously identified what Florida calls the play that put the Gators ahead.
• What did 95 do? In Oklahoma's fourth-quarter TD drive, Gators DT Torrey Davis was called for unsportsmanlike conduct but Fox neither showed nor told us why.
• Grade for Fox: C-minus. Brennaman settled down after a shaky start. Davis was decent. But a "no-frills" performance for the network's last title game anytime soon. Nothing special, nothing awful. Nothing to be missed.
Jerry Greene can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.