The 22-year-old Avery, making his second big-league start since being called up Sunday, tallied his first major-league hit in his first at bat Monday against the Yankees, then drove in his first big-league run in the fifth.
- Orioles statistics, news, transactions and more
- Orioles photo day [pictures]
- 2014 Orioles spring training [Pictures]
- Projecting the Orioles' Opening Day roster
- Peter Schmuck's Orioles player predictions
- Orioles FanFest 2014 [Pictures]
See more photos »
- Sights and sounds from Orioles FanFest [Video]
Avery's hit was the first of three Orioles hits in the first. J.J. Hardy's single up the middle plated Avery and Adam Jones' line-drive double to left-center scored Hardy to give the Orioles a 2-0 lead.
With Robert Andino on first with no outs in the fifth, Avery laced a triple into the right-field corner, driving in Andino for his first major-league RBI and tying the game at 3
One batter later, Avery strolled home on J.J. Hardy's two-run homer to left, giving the Orioles a 5-3 lead.