After going 0-for-4 in his first injury rehabilitation game with Double-A Bowie on Wednesday, Orioles infielder Wilson Betemit was 2-for-4 with a grand slam Thursday night for the Baysox.
Betemit played third base as the Baysox won, 8-6, over Erie at Prince George's Stadium. He was Bowie's first baseman Wednesday.
Betemit was scheduled for a two-game rehab stint with Bowie, so it's likely he'll be activated when rosters expand this weekend as long as he doesn't report any issues.
With rosters set to expand Saturday, the Orioles will likely wait until then to make the move so they don't need to make a corresponding 25-man roster decision.
Betemit hits grand slam in rehab game at Double-A Bowie
- Baltimore Sun coverage: Orioles in the 2014 playoffs
- Orioles statistics, news, transactions and more
- 20 key moments from the Orioles' season [Pictures]
- Orioles celebrate American League East title [Pictures]
- Orioles in September 2014 [Pictures]
- Top 10 teams in Orioles history [Pictures]
See more photos »
We've upgraded our reader commenting system. Learn more about the new features.
The Baltimore Sun encourages civil dialogue related to our stories; you must register and log-in to our site in order to participate. We reserve the right to remove any user and to delete comments that violate our Terms of Service. By commenting, you agree to these terms. Please flag inappropriate comments.